All persons who chose to join, and have joined House Sit America must respect each others privacy, values, ideas and property. Below we outline what we except from you as a member on our site. Please make sure to read those that apply to you carefully, as you will need to accept these code of conduct terms at the time of uploading your ad.
- My advertisement gives a clear and accurate representation of my home, pets and duties required of the sitter/s.
- I will respond to all messages in a timely manner.
- I will leave my property in a clean and comfortable condition for my house sitter/s.
- I will explain, discuss, and agree the rules, expectations and responsibilities with the house sitter/s including any costs associated with the assignment, proper to appointing the sitter and signing an agreement.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to ensure that I undertake relevant checks on house sitter/s (such as viewing their ID, police check and contacting references) prior to appointing the sitter/s.
- I will disclose the location of any surveillance cameras.
- I will agree all responsibilities with my sitter before a sit is confirmed, including any costs associated with pet care, utilities or home maintenance.
- I will provide written instructions and information to help my sitter/s complete the assignment easily and successfully.
- I will provide contact details of service peoples, emergency contacts and vets to my House Sitter.
- I will provide all things necessary for the upkeep of my home and garden, such as cleaning products, pet food and products, tools etc.
- I will only cancel a sit or return home before the end of a house sit if there are extraordinary circumstances or I have specifically agreed to this with the House Sitter.
- I will offer my house and pet sitting services free of charge, in exchange for a place to stay.
- My profile is a truthful, clear, and accurate representation of me, detailing my skills and experience.
- I will keep my calendar up-to-date.
- I will respond to all messages in a timely manner and will only apply for positions I know I can fulfil.
- I will discuss the house sit requirements, expectations and instructions with home owners, before accepting the house sitting position and sign any agreement documents if requested.
- I will respect the rules made by the house sitter and will ensure every care is taken of the owners pets, belongings and furniture.
- I will adhere to the set dates for the house sitting position and will not make any changes to these dates without the home owners approval.
- I will make my travel arrangements only once a sit has been confirmed by the Home Owner
- I understand that personal circumstances may change and the home owner may need to change the dates of the house sit. I will be cooperative and work with the home owner to find a solution that suits both.
- If there are any emergencies, either with the home or pets, I will inform the owner or the home owners agent and follow their instructions at all times.
- At the end of the assignment, it is my responsibility to make sure I leave the home/property/animals and other in the same if not better condition than I found it.
- I will not tamper with or take any belonging/property from the home owner
- I understand that the owner may have to return before the end date of a sit or cancel a sit if there are extraordinary circumstances.